Paleo Pumpkin French Toast Sticks with Cranberries
Recipe type: Paleo, Grain Free
Who doesn't love fall food flavors? In this bite of french toast you not only get a consistency of REAL french toast but also the amazing fall flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon and cranberries. Grain Free & Paleo approved!
- 1 Pumpkin Bread Recipe (http://www.farmfreshpantry.com/2012/10/03/pumpkin-bread/)
- 2-3 eggs beaten
- 2-4 tablespoons of butter for frying the french toast
- More butter for topping
- Dried cranberries
- Maple Syrup
- For the pumpkin bread recipe I replaced the xylitol with ¼ maple syrup, ¼ cup of coconut sugar and ½ teaspoon of stevia. I also added ½ cup dried cranberries.
- Bake the bread and let cool.
- Slice down ½ inch thick slices of the pumpkin bread and soak in beaten egg.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Place your egg soaked bread slices in the melted butter skillet and fry on each side for 30-45 seconds until each side is golden brown.
- Top with more dried cranberries and maple syrup.